Saturday, August 30, 2008

HE ANSWERS

I use to fight whether or not God would answer my prayers..or if He even heard me. I would say "God, if your there, I pray..." Yes, I really did pray that way at first. As a matter of fact I remember the very first time I prayed this prayer...
Justin is so much fun to be around, yes he is three years younger than me, but who cares! I'm getting payed to babysit, but its really not even babysitting! We go out to Azalea park in Brookings Oregon and play army; running around in our camo with fake guns and boot knives! Ridding our bikes over jumps and going down to the harbor ridding tubes on the water in Kenny's, Justin's dad, race boat! We would stay up all night watching movies or playing super nintendo...the crazy things that kids do! And laugh! WOW! Did we make eachother laugh! Everyone loved Justin because he was so quick to love you back!
Justin was nine years old the summer that I was his babysitter, at the age of twelve. One saturday in June of 1998 I was visiting my mom in the valley, two hours away, and Justins parents had to find another babysitter for him...the sort of situation that happens when the babysitters parents are separated. A young man was free to watch Justin that day. The seventeen year olds name was Michael George.
It was Spring of 1999 in Gold Beach Oregon, the courtroom was well lit and ventilated. The courtroom was half full, so I'm told. The plaintiff, State of Oregon, against the defendant Michael George; on count of First degree murder, manslaughter, attempted murder, attempted rape, attempted murder, robbery, breaking and entering...and many more.....
Something snapped inside of Michael that saturday morning June of '98...Michael brutally murdered a young, inocent child that morning and left him for his parents to come back and find their only child laying on his bedroom floor in his on blood.
Justin Lang died Saturday June 6th 1998. Justin was stabbed 49 times with a double sided buck knife; the knife was in the hands of Michael George.
On Sunday June 7th I sit on my mothers couch with tears in my eyes looking up to a God that I don't even know and the words that came out of my mouth as I sat there alone was 'God, if your there, I just need to know that he is ok'
God told me that day that His child was in heaven, and that he didn't feel a thing!..He told me that Justin was safe now!
The battle is between good and evil, right and wrong, just and unjust, righteous and unrighteous. I write this to bring you to 2 Corinthians 1...BECAUSE OF JESUS OUR ANSWER IS YES AND AMEN! He hears your every prayer! Your every need! Even if it sounds like He is not listening...the truth is that He knows your prayer before the words come out of your God created lips!!! Hallelujah!!
I don't believe that the evil was Michael...the evil one comes to seek kill and destroy. I forgive Michael. I encourage you to do the same to those that have wronged you. The bible tells us to forgive 70x7..in one day!
But I must tell you that the most important person to forgive is yourself! I blamed myself for this for many years...Jesus forgives you! So forgive yourself, love youself, grow yourself...how can we sow these things into others until we have forgiven ourselves..or until we truly love ourselves!! My love truly goes out to a broken nation that is in the healing process!
with love

No comments: